Glenmorangie Est 1843 is Gaelic for the "Valley of Tranquility" & was a brewery before distillery. Located in the Northern Highlands north of Inverness.
Cardhu Est 1824 is Gaelic for "Black Rock"; original name was Cardow. Also is the base whisky for Johnnie Walker. Located in Speyside.
Balblair Est 1790 is Gaelic for "The Battlefield" also; one of Scotland's oldest active distilleries. Located in the Northern Highlands; north of Inverness.
Glenkinchie Est 1825. “Kinchie” is derived from “de Quincey” which where the original owners of the land. Located in the Lowlands just east of Edinburgh.
Cragganmore Est 1869 is Gaelic for "Great Rock"; only the lightest vapors pass through their special T-neck stills. Located in Speyside.
Tomintoul Est 1964 is Gaelic for the "The Hill of the Barn". Located in Speyside.
Tomatin Est 1897 is Gaelic for "Hill of the Juniper". Located in the Highlands just south of Inverness.
Tullibardine is Gaelic for "Lookout Hill"; first as a brewery in 1488 & then Distillery in 1947 Located in the southern Highlands near Stirling.
Glendronach Est 1826 is Gaelic for the "Valley of the Brambles" (Blackberries). Located in the Eastern Highlands just outside Speyside.
Laphroaig Est 1815 is Gaelic "For the Beautiful Hollow by the Broad Bay". They were distilling 9 years before Scotch whisky became legal in 1824. Located on the South Shore of Islay.